Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Generic First Post

So as you can see in the title of my blog I am writing this because I tend to forget things. I woke up today, and realized that I want to be able to tell the kind of stories my grandparents tell me about their childhood. Well…. if I forget some random story then I can come here and look at it. I am not an English major, so don’t judge my grammar or spelling. I probably won’t write every day so don’t expect it….
I recently became obsessed with Nelson Mandela’s life. I think that this is because I watched Invictus, and then the next day I heard a story about how a man was once invited to eat breakfast with Mr. Mandela. When he arrived, Mr. Mandela greeted the man at his limo, and then shook the hand of his driver. During the breakfast Mr. Mandela excused himself and the man eating with him did not know why until after. Mr. Mandela had gone out to the limo and invited the driver to breakfast in his kitchen. What a great attitude Nelson Mandela has! I aspire to have an attitude like his.  I want to learn more about this man, so tonight I bought his autobiography. It is called Long Walk To Freedom. I am very anxious to start reading it.
The man who told me the story about Nelson Mandela was also very inspired by Mr. Mandela’s attitude. He gave me 13 characteristics of someone who has an impeccable attitude. They are: Caring, Positive spirit, Friendliness, Kindness, Self Control, Energetic, Happy/Joyful, Patience, Forgiveness, Humbleness, Loyalty, Encouraging, and Learning Spirit. I have decided that for the next 13 days I am going to adopt one of these characteristics and try to perfect it in my life. I’ll let you know how it goes…..

No comments:

Post a Comment