Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Caring

Today's characteristic was caring. I woke up this morning to the smell of bacon and eggs. My roommate, Erin, had cooked breakfast for me, and I was so thankful. After washing the dishes I went back to my room and thought about what I was going to do to show someone that I cared. I looked to my right and saw that my closet was extremely messy and needed to be cleaned out. I decided to gather up all of the clothes, purses, and stuffed animals that had been sitting there for quite a while and donate them to Goodwill. No one will ever know that the shirt or pants that they bought from Goodwill were once owned by me, but I enjoyed very much the oppurtunity to give to someone something they needed. Tomorrow I am going to be challenged by the characteristic that is next on the list. POSITIVE SPIRIT! This is going to be very hard since I have to go to class and it will be raining, but I will try my hardest. I haven't been able to sit down and read any of Nelson Mandela's autobiography yet, but I do have about an hour break tomorrow so I think I will spend that time reading. I'll let you know how the day goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment